“Truly Helpful Prayer”
Teaching Session 3
Here’s a recap of our third teaching session, led by Rev. Deb, which focused on the third line in the Truly Helpful Prayer, “I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because He Who sent me will direct me.”
- Meditation with Rev. Deb Phelps: We began with our gentle meditation for this series, “I am here.” This week Rev. Deb included ambient nature sounds and chimes with the meditation. We are simply present in the here and now as we connect with the Holy Spirit.
- Discussion on the “Truly Helpful” Prayer: Rev. Deb recapped what we have studied so far including highlighting the previous week’s readings. Rev. Deb and Rev. Paul shared personal reflections and stories highlighting the transformative power of trusting in the Holy Spirit’s Guidance.
- Exploring the Prayer’s Third Line: The focus was on understanding and embodying the third line of the prayer. This includes basic key principles in receiving Holy Spirit’s Voice: Willingness, Forgiveness, Quieting the Mind, Asking for Guidance, Patience and Practice as just a few.
- Reflection and Journaling Exercise: We delved into the third line of the prayer, engaging in a reflective exercise designed to deepen our understanding and personal connection to its message.
- Reading Assignment: To prepare for our next session, we encourage you to read The Song of Prayer, 2. Forgiveness, III. Forgiveness-for-Salvation.
- Reflection on the Third Sentence: Continue to ponder the third sentence of the prayer. Allow its meaning to resonate with you throughout the week.
- Practice the “I am here” Meditation: Regularly engage in the meditation shared by Rev. Deb to enhance your presence and awareness.
- The Optional Assignment: If you chose to work with the previous optional assignment, focusing on being helpful to someone in your life, consider what comes to you now as to what to say and what to do in this situation? Trust the direction from Holy Spirit.
- Read: Gain further insights by reading the assigned chapter, which will be the basis for our next week’s discussion with our facilitators.
This third teaching session had us reflect on how to be a representative of divine love and service. You are always welcome to join us.
- February 18/21 – Study Session: Readings led by Rev. Paul and facilitators.
- The Song of Prayer, 2. Forgiveness, III. Forgiveness-for-Salvation
Miss Previous Sessions?
- If you missed the previous teachings, you can find the videos and recaps here.
- Our Sunday session is the live teaching with Rev. Deb on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. Rev. Paul facilitates the in between sessions.
- During the Wednesday session, the video of Rev. Deb’s teaching is shown with discussion afterward.
- 1st and 3rd sessions of the month are led by our facilitators for the purpose of discussing the assigned readings.
- Attend the session day/time that works for you and attend as your schedule allows.
- See how to attend these sessions at the bottom of this email.
Looking forward to our continued journey into the heart of “Being Truly Helpful.”
Our next series will start in April, the week after Easter and we will be doing a book discussion with the book by Ken Wapnick, “The Healing Power of Kindness: Volume 1: Releasing Judgment.” We will only be studying Volume 1. It is available in print and on Kindle. It is also available as an audiobook on FACIM.org.
Our summer series will be on the Characteristics of God’s Teachers.
With Love and Light,
Revs. Paul and Deb Phelps and the MiraclesOne Team
- When: Our sessions are on Sundays at 10 am CST and Wednesdays 12:30 pm CST. (Your choice of session)
- Where: Zoom (Register to receive the link)
- Fee: By donation
- Facilitators: Rev. Deb Phelps, Rev. Paul Phelps, and Jim Peck (Sundays), and Rev. Deb Phelps, Gayle Bartlett, and Mari Dole (Wednesdays)
Interested to “Meditate with Deb”?
Deb Phelps meets people where they are with a variety of meditations, inner wisdom prompts, and various modalities all on the journey to Peaceful Wellness. Join in here.