“Truly Helpful Prayer”
Teaching Session 2
Here’s a recap of our second teaching session, led by Rev. Deb, which focused on the second line in the Truly Helpful Prayer, “I am here to represent Him who sent me.”
- Meditation with Rev. Deb Phelps: We began with our calming meditation for this series, “I am here.” It is focuses on relaxation and presence emphasizing our companionship with the Holy Spirit and grounding in the present moment
- Discussion on the “Truly Helpful” Prayer: Rev. Deb recapped the first line of the prayer, “I am here only to be truly helpful,” discussed in the first session, and introduced the next line, “I am here to represent Him who sent Me.” Rev. Deb shared personal reflections and stories highlighting the transformative power of love and empathy.
- Exploring the Prayer’s Second Line: The focus was on understanding and embodying the second line of the prayer. This includes acknowledging our role in serving others and placing trust in the divine self for guidance and healing.
- Reflection and Journaling Exercise: We delved into the second line of the prayer, engaging in a reflective exercise designed to deepen our understanding and personal connection to its message.
- Reading Assignment: To prepare for our next session, we encourage you to read Lesson 71 and Chapter 4, Section VII, Creation and Communication.
- Reflection on the Second Sentence: Continue to ponder the second sentence of the prayer. Allow its meaning to resonate with you throughout the week.
- Practice the “I am here” Meditation: Regularly engage in the meditation shared by Rev. Deb to enhance your presence and awareness.
- The Optional Assignment: If you chose to work with the previous optional assignment, focusing on being helpful to someone in your life, consider now the emotional responses to this thought.
- Read: Gain further insights by reading the assigned chapter, which will be the basis for our next discussion with our facilitators.
This second teaching session had us reflect on how to be a representative of divine love and service. You are always welcome to join us.
- January 28/31 – Study Session: Readings led by facilitators.
- Lesson 71 – Only God’s plan for salvation will work.
- Chapter 4, VII. Creation and Communication
- February 4/7 – Study Session: Readings led by Rev. Paul and facilitators.
- Chapter 14, X. The Equality of Miracles
- Manual for Teachers, 29. As for the Rest
- February 11/14 – Teaching Session: Rev. Deb teaches on the third line of the Truly Helpful Prayer.
Reminder: Our Sunday and Wednesday sessions are the same presentation each week. Attend the session day/time that works for you and attend as your schedule allows.
Looking forward to our continued journey into the heart of “Being Truly Helpful.”
With Love and Light,
Revs. Paul and Deb Phelps and the MiraclesOne Team